Review Damber Wabsolute - a new old release

 This one’s a special one…

Damber Wabsolute is a multifaceted project to accurately resurrect a discontinued Tom Ford as well as pay solemn tribute to wonderful people we have lost. 

It’s being retailed by the good people at @somaparfums, at cost, for around £50. All round good feels, then. 

I sadly don’t have any experience with the original fragrance (so no real reference point of my own). However, due to the uncanny familiarity I experienced when I first sprayed this, I almost convinced myself I had. 

When I was a young eight year old Tom, my father would lay preach at a stunning, medieval church. He would take my brother and I to rehearse with the choir; at the time one of the finest church choirs in England… that was until I joined.

Each Sunday, we would arrive an hour early to practice the hymns before throwing on our cassocks and serplice and making our way down to the Transept to wait for the service to begin. We’d line up in two lines of single file behind gigantic wooden doors while the clergy prepared the wine and wafers for communion. Around this time, booming organ pipes would thunder through the building and another clergyman would appear with thurible in hand. The intoxicating scent of sacred incense filled the air. 

I kid you not, Damber Wabsolute is a photorealistic recreation of this wonderful memory, every minute detail. The incense is so churchy, so real, it’s as if I’m right back there now waiting in line, ready to sing the most beautiful, worshipful songs in one of the most stunning buildings of my childhood. 

I’m so grateful to all involved in making this fragrance a reality. The creator who so generously published the composition, the people who lovingly pieced the thing together, those who retailed, packaged and sent it, and anyone else who I’ve failed to mention. 

And importantly to Carlos, who’s love for this perfume made it all happen. 

What discontinued perfumes do you miss? Is Amber Absolute one of them?

Available at: https://www.somaparfums.com/products/nicks-delight


Comments

Popular Posts